: Former Harimau Malaya coach Karl-Heinz Weigang passed away after a heart attack today in Germany.
Here are seven things you probably did not know about him.
- Football globetrotter; managing in two different continents across three decades
- Held managerial position in seven different countries, five teams in Africa and three teams in Asia
- Returned to Perak FC 16 years after his first appointment as head coach
- Successfully led Perak FC to the Malaysian Cup Final twice in 1998 and 2000 respectively; winning on both occasions
- Weigang was a pioneer of the FIFA World Football Development Programme during the mid 1970s
- Received many awards for his technical expertise and enthusiasm towards football; including the CAF Order of Merit in 1998
- Karl-Heinz is the exemplification of the FIFA philosophy; "football for everyone everywhere", developing and coaching young players from Asia and Africa