Poll: Majority wants Abdul Khalid to be retained as MB

Poll: Majority wants Abdul Khalid to be retained as MB
The majority of Astro AWANI readers want to see Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim retained as the Selangor Menteri Besar.
KUALA LUMPUR: The majority of Astro AWANI readers want to see Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim retained as the Selangor Menteri Besar following the present political dilemma in Pakatan Rakyat.

According to a poll conducted by Astro AWANI on Monday, 62.42 per cent want Abdul Khalid Ibrahim to remain in his post.

Trailing behind is PKR president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail who garnered a total of 9.11 per cent. Selangor PAS commissioner Iskandar Abdul Samad received 4.64 per cent votes followed by PKR deputy president Azmin Ali received 4.34 per cent votes.
A total of 19.49 per cent however voted that they do not want any of the four names suggested in the poll as the Selangor MB.

The change of the Selangor MB was an extension to the ‘Kajang Move’ decided by PKR leaders since January 15, which saw Opposition de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim naming Dr Wan Aziziah as the new candidate for the Selangor MB post.

Abdul Khalid opined that it was better that the Selangor State Legislative Assembly (DUN) was dissolved to gain people's mandate on the Selangor MB issue.  

To the question if Selangor DUN should be dissolved, 66.08 per cent voted 'no' -- that the State DUN should not be dissolved, while the remaining 33.92 per cent said it should be dissolved.

A total of 50.04 per cent were of the opinion that Pakatan Rakyat is headed for 'splitsville' after the Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebrations, and 31.74 per cent agreed that the coalition pary twill remain intact.

Rumours are rife on Pakatan Rakyat's 'impending' break up breaking up when PAS President Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang and PAS spiritual leader Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat defended Abdul Khalid to remain as the Selangor MB.

PAS leaders have been ordered not to make any statements on this issue as decision is expected to be announced during  the PAS central meeting scheduled for August 10.