Student activist, Adam Adli arrested by police today
Bernama | Updated: May 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur police chief, Deputy Commissioner Datuk Mohmad Salleh said Adam Adli, 23, was detained in the Bangsar area, here at about 3.15pm.
"The subject is being detained at the Jinjang Police Station lock-up regarding an investigation under Section 4(1) of the Sedition Act 1948," he said in a short messaging service (SMS) to Bernama, here today.
In January last year, Adam Adli was suspended from studies for three semesters beginning early in semester two 2011/12 until the end of semester two 2012/13 for bringing down the flag that had Najib's potrait.
Adam Adli, when suspended from studies, was in the fifth semester and was taking the teaching of English as a second language when he created controversy at the grounds of the Putra World Trade centre (PWTC) on Dec 17, 2011 by bringing down the flag during a demonstration.
Story first published on: May 18, 2013 19:48 (MYT)
To watch more of Astro’s popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- Discharged not amounting to acquittal for PKR deputy sec-gen over illegal assembly
- High Court upholds decision on Tian Chua in sedition charge
- Police detain Hishammuddin and Adam Adli at Dang Wangi
- Malaysian Bar: Government closes democratic space with arrests
- Police begin crackdown on opposition activists