Search and rescue operation to find Lim Chin Aik continues
Bernama | Updated: June 16, 2013
(First published on: June 16, 2013 14:06 MYT)
Penang Fire and Rescue director Azmi Tamat said the search and rescue operation by a team comprising 20 fire and rescue officers and personnel aided by contract workers and the police would continue.
He said the team started excavating around the area yesterday afternoon and only ceased temporarily at 6am this morning.
A car tyre and a dashboard were among the components recovered so far, in addition to the car chassis number which state police chief Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi yesterday confirmed as matching that of 44-year-old Lim's car.
Meanwhile, Lim's wife Lee Chai Song, 48, arrived at the location at 7am with their two sons, Lim Chia Yiang, 20, and Lim Chia Oon, 18, and daughter Lim Hui Jiun, 13, to recite prayers.
Lim's parents, Lim Tian Chor, 73, and Ang Kim Looi, 70, and his sister Lim Lye Suan, 40, were also with them.
Lye Suan said the family had not lost hope of finding her brother alive and were tracing places that her brother used to frequent and also through Facebook.
To watch more of Astro's popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- Police reports, protests over use of 'Allah' word
- Police to open investigation papers on Penang Chief Minister
- 1MDB: Penang UMNO not in a hurry to take action against Khairuddin
- Report against 1MDB nothing to do with Penang UMNO - Penang UMNO secretary
- Ku Nan urges Khairuddin to withdraw police report against 1MDB