Popular restaurant denies using human faeces
Astro Awani | Updated: November 15, 2013
Mohd Nihmathullah Syed Mustafa said, the closure is due to cleanliness issues and not related to the use of faeces as alleged.
“All our customers from all over Malaysia know about the matter. What had been posted on Facebook has nothing to do with us, it’s merely a misunderstanding,” he stressed.
He added, the allegations were intended to hurt his business.
“Why are they only jealous after 55 years of conducting my business here? Do we add human faeces in our dishes? We ourselves eat what we cook here. Our customers include VVIPs and VIPs such as the Singaporean President, tourists from Thailand and Australia. This matter does not only tarnish the restaurant’s image but the state of Perak as a whole.”
“If they have proof on the matter, I suggest they bring it forward,” he said.
The ‘Nasi Ganja’ restaurant in Jalan Yang Kalsom was ordered closed for two weeks by the Kinta District Health Office’s Assistant Health officer Abdul Rahman Ismail effective from Thursday until Nov 28.
The integrated operation which started at 5pm, involved the Ipoh City Council, Kinta District Health Office, Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism office and Immigration department.
Perak Health Director Datuk Dr Nordiyanah Hassan when confirming the closure said the directive was from the Health Ministry.
Story first published on: November 15, 2013 18:01 (MYT)
To watch more of Astro’s popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- MH370: American troops in Kota Bharu and Ipoh for normal exercise, not to help in locating MH370
- Shredded body parts dragged 43KM
- Changes for RapidKL routes through Jalan Pahang, Jalan Ipoh starting tomorrow
- Robbers in Ipoh and Duke Highway not from same gang
- Couple died after being hit by car while jogging