Najib leads 3km run for corruption-free nation
Bernama | Updated: April 20, 2014
(First published on: April 20, 2014 13:35 MYT)
The run, which began and ended at the Padang Merbok in the heart of the city, was aptly named 'Larian Hapuskan Rasuah: Jangan Beri, Jangan Terima' (Anti-Corruption Run: Do Not Give, Do Not Accept). It was organised by Parti Gerakan.
Najib, who was accompanied by Gerakan president Datuk Mah Siew Keong and Wanita Gerakan chief and organiser of the run, Datuk Tan Lian Hoe, took about 40 minutes to complete the run.
The prime minister arrived at Padang Merbok at 7.45 am and participated in a 10-minute aerobic exercise along with the other participants to the tune of songs of the three major races as well as the 1Malaysia theme song.
Mah and Tan then handed a torch to Najib as a symbolic gesture of the launch of the run.
The torch was then handed to Johor Gerakan representative Datuk Teo Kok Chee for a similar run in Skudai, Johor, on May 24.
Najib fired the starter's gun to start the run.
Also present were Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Phesal Talib, Works Minister Datuk Fadillah Yusuf and several other leaders of Gerakan.
To watch more of Astro's popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- Asian Games: Najib congratulates Nicol for second gold medal, Wee Wern for silver
- Malaysia aims for 60 percent of children to take up STEM education - Najib
- ISIL, MH17 to figure prominently at 69th UN General Assembly session
- Najib arrives in New York for UN General Assembly
- Rosmah to receive STEM Hero award at UN HQ