MH370: Investigators scrutinising pilot's phone call
Astro Awani | Updated: March 21, 2014
(First published on: March 21, 2014 21:46 MYT)
MAS group chief executive officer Datuk Ahmad Jauhari Yahya confirmed the phone call, adding that the information had been passed to investigators.
“Well, we are passing this information to the investigating authorities and they will investigate it accordingly,” he told reporters at the daily press conference at KLIA today.
Prior to this, UK newspaper The Sun reported that the ‘mystery call’ was made before the plane left Kuala Lumpur International Airport on March 8.
“It is hoped the person on the other end of the call will provide a key clue to understanding the mystery of the missing flight,” the report stated.
Captain Zaharie and his co-pilot have come under close scrutiny following confirmation by Malaysian authorities that they were looking at a ‘deliberate’ act in the disappearance of the Boeing 777-200ER.
Of particular interest was Captain Zaharie’s home made flight simulator. Police said that they were going through its hard disks to find leads, though there were some files deleted on February 3.
Investigators, both local and international, are working to restore the files to see if it can shed any light on what may have taken place on the aircraft.
To watch more of Astro's popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- Dutch complete MH17 wreckage recovery in Ukraine
- MH370: 'One of the great aviation mysteries' - Emirates CEO
- ICAO cooperates with Malaysia on MAS tragedies - Secretary-General
- Public urged to avoid speculating on Flight MH17
- MAS ill-fated airliner gets limelight at JASA dialogue with foreign correspondents club