Man, shot twice in the head, fighting for life in hospital
Bernama | Updated: May 08, 2013
(First published on: May 08, 2013 19:04 MYT)
The 43-year-old victim, who sustained two gunshot wounds in the head, is in a coma at the hospital's intensive care unit.
He was having a drink with a group of friends at the eatery about 11pm, when a gunman wearing a crash helmet, walked up to the group and fired twice at the man.
Initial police investigations have not ruled out that the gunman could have been contracted to kill the victim.
Penang CID chief SAC Mazlan Kesah said the killer, in his haste to flee from the restaurant, had dropped a bag of ammunition and his helmet.
He said the gunman ran for about 30 metres and jumped on a motorcycle ridden by an accomplice before making good his escape.
"The victim was initially warded at the Sungai Bakap Hospital here. However, when his condition worsened, he was transferred to the Penang Hospital where he is now in a coma," he said today.
To watch more of Astro's popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- Sosilawati's children get court approval over death certificate
- Man's head found in black plastic in Bukit Mertajam
- Australian mother charged after baby survives five days in drain
- Thai leader pats a reporter's head and scratches behind his ear
- Miss Honduras shot dead 'after fleeing sister's boyfriend'