Man, shot twice in the head, fighting for life in hospital
Bernama | Updated: May 08, 2013
(First published on: May 08, 2013 19:04 MYT)
The 43-year-old victim, who sustained two gunshot wounds in the head, is in a coma at the hospital's intensive care unit.
He was having a drink with a group of friends at the eatery about 11pm, when a gunman wearing a crash helmet, walked up to the group and fired twice at the man.
Initial police investigations have not ruled out that the gunman could have been contracted to kill the victim.
Penang CID chief SAC Mazlan Kesah said the killer, in his haste to flee from the restaurant, had dropped a bag of ammunition and his helmet.
He said the gunman ran for about 30 metres and jumped on a motorcycle ridden by an accomplice before making good his escape.
"The victim was initially warded at the Sungai Bakap Hospital here. However, when his condition worsened, he was transferred to the Penang Hospital where he is now in a coma," he said today.
To watch more of Astro's popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- Canada parliament locked down after soldier shot
- Pistorius sentenced to five years jail for killing girlfriend
- Parents, religious school principals to monitor students from misunderstanding jihad
- Man accused of murdering radio station DJ's mother escape gallows
- Maggot-infested body of murder victim found in Manjung