Malaysia wants more market access for exports under TPPA
Bernama | Updated: July 12, 2013
"We are a nation which is dependent on trade, we want to sell our products overseas and lure more investments to the country," he said at a discourse on "International Trade Agreements: What Malaysia Stands To Gain".
He said it was important for Malaysia to be part of the TPPA to reduce bureaucracy and increase delivery system which would indirectly reduce the incidence of corruption.
Mustapa also said joining the TPPA would not necessarily increase foreign investments in the country but it would help make Malaysia a favourite investment destination among foreign investors.
With the TPPA in place, it would also protect the interest of government-linked conglomerates like Petronas and Sime Darby Bhd which have invested heavily overseas, he added.
Story first published on: July 12, 2013 20:44 (MYT)
To watch more of Astro’s popular programmes and infotainment, use Astro on the Go http://onthego.astro.com.my
- Implementation of Hudud law in Kelantan needs proper planning
- MITI officer among those on Boeing 777 flight MH370
- Malaysia will protect country's interests in TPP trade talks - Mustapa
- Malaysia records highest investment of RM38.7 billion last year
- Mustapa wants Kelantan government to help padi farmers