: The government on Wednesday announced that it will allow social events including wedding ceremonies during the Recovery Movement Control (RMCO) period from July 1.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the organization of the social event should be limited to only three to five hours.
In addition, he said the capacity of the guests allowed was not more than 250 people depending on the size of the venue.
"These social events include feasts, wedding ceremonies, wedding anniversaries, religious ceremonies such as tahlil, aqiqah, and ‘’doa selamat’, events such as reunions, birthdays and more," he said at a press conference here on Friday.
However, Ismail Sabri emphasized that social distancing during the event had to be practised, including ensuring capacity in the space of the venue.
He said if the area could not accommodate 250 guests, it would have to limit between 100 and 150 people in the area (according to its size).
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said the government had so far allowed the organizers to serve buffet meals at social events.
However, it should be served by the staff during the event.
"So, guests cannot come and get their own food, but the best way is to be served. Among the standard operating procedures (SOPs) is to screen at the entrance, check the body temperature, and not allow those with symptoms to be present.
"Organizers and guests are encouraged to wear face masks and organizers must register guests with the MySejahtera app or manually recorded," he said.
However, he said the government advised any organizers who found it difficult to comply with the SOP, not to continue with the event.
"This is because the PDRM is still monitoring compliance with the SOP and if you cannot afford it, do not do it," he added.