: Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's blog, chedet.cc, which had been inaccessible since the afternoon
, is now up and running again. Astro AWANI
checks on the hugely popular blog site, which had been inaccessible since around 4.30pm Friday, found the site to be fully operating just before 11pm.
Earlier, the former premier’s spokesman, Sufi Yusof, had said the site had been experiencing “unusual activity” in terms of massive traffic and its server had to undergo a “cleanup process”.
“We detected some unusual activity on the blog site and are now doing what’s necessary to fix it. We hope for the blog to be up and running again as soon as possible,” he had told Astro AWANI
Speculation was rife, especially on social media, that Dr Mahathir’s blog had been intentionally blocked following his latest posting today which criticised the government’s wholly-owned 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB).
This was because all that was shown on the screen on the blog site was the notice: “This Account Has Been Suspended”.
However, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) had denied that they had anything to do with the matter.
The critical blog post titled “1MDB” is still accessible.