Tutup
announcement
NOTIS
Beralih ke pengalaman baharu laman web Astro AWANI. Klik di sini!

Tanjung Bungah landslide: Guan Eng orders thorough investigation

Tanjung Bungah landslide: Guan Eng orders thorough investigation
A total of 14 victims were confirmed buried, where 13 of them are foreign workers, while another is a local resident.
GEORGE TOWN: Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng, has ordered a thorough investigation into the cause of the landslide at a construction site in Lengkok Lembah Permai, Tanjung Bungah, here.

A total of 14 victims were confirmed buried, where 13 of them are foreign workers, while another is a local resident.

So far, three bodies have been found but their identities have yet to be confirmed.

"This incident is an accident at the workplace, but we can not take it lightly. Normal investigation is not enough.
"I want a thorough investigation to be carried out to ensure the real cause of the incident," Guan Eng told reporters at the scene.

Asked if the incident was caused by weather, Guan Eng said the matter should investigated first, considering the weather was fine when he incident happened.
READ: Three dead, many feared buried in Tanjung Bungah landslide

"The state government will give its full cooperation and we will provide the investigating team with all the necessary information," he added.

Guan Eng also urged all parties to be patient as the search and rescue efforts may take some time.

"I also want the mayor to immediately investigate all project sites to avoid recurring events," he said.

In the incident, about 14 construction workers were reportedly working at a site near the hillside before it collapsed at about 8.50am on Saturday.