Tutup
announcement
NOTIS
Beralih ke pengalaman baharu laman web Astro AWANI. Klik di sini!

Seven more held over 'Nothing To Hide' forum fracas

Seven more held over 'Nothing To Hide' forum fracas
The men, aged between 20 and 30, were held in several places in Kuala Lumpur. -Sinar.tv photo
SHAH ALAM: The police have arrested seven more people to assist in the investigation into the fracas at the 'Nothing to Hide 2.0' forum here on Sunday, said Selangor CID chief SAC Fadzil Ahmad.

He said all the men, aged between 20 and 30, were held in several places in Kuala Lumpur.

"The police have obtained an order to remand them up to Aug 18," he said when contacted by Bernama.

Their arrests bring to 10 the number of people held so far over the incident at the event organised by the youth wing of Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia at Dewan Raja Muda Musa in Section 7 here.
The commotion occurred at 5.10 pm when PPBM chairman Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was replying to a question on the Memali incident in Baling, Kedah, in 1985, in which 18 people, among them four policemen, were killed.

They were killed in a police operation to arrest a religious teacher named Ibrahim Mahmud or better known as Ibrahim Libya.
In KUALA LUMPUR, PAS president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang claimed that the incident was sparked by an unsatisfactory answer on the Memali incident.

He said PAS was blamed for the incident, but the party had actually become a victim.

PAS secretary general Datuk Takiyuddin Hassan said in a statement that the organisers should have been more careful about security when they planned to hold the event.

-- BERNAMA