: The government has announced another area under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) at the Selangor Mansion and the Malayan Mansion buildings in Jalan Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur.
Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the EMCO was in force today until the COVID-19 outbreak ended.
The move was made following the advice of Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr. Adham Baba.
"The government, on the advice of the Minister of Health, has decided to enforce fourth EMCO at the Selangor Mansion and Malayan Mansion buildings in Jalan Masjid India. This is following the presence of 15 positive COVID-19 cases in the two buildings.
"The EMCO will involve about 6,000 residents in 365 units of homes and business premises. The order will take effect today until the checks on the unit by unit process is completed. During the period, health screenings will also be conducted,” he said in a press conference here today.
With the enforcement of the EMCO, among the steps to be adhered to are:
• Non-residents and visitors are not allowed in the area throughout the duration of the order;
• All business activities are discontinued except for essential goods premises in the buildings;
• Residents can place food orders that can be delivered and picked up at designated places;
• The Medical Base is open in the area while all entrances to the area are closed.
• All residents are not allowed to leave the area throughout the EMCO period;
• For the execution of this order, all residents are asked to remain calm and cooperate fully with the personnel of the MoH and to comply with all directives from the authorities.
Residents who need assistance or have any questions can contact the DBKL MCO Operations Room at 03-4026 7222 or 016-296 2982.