: The second aircraft debris found on the French Reunion Island
near the Indian Ocean last week, may possibly be from the missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370.
Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Seri Ab Aziz Kaprawi said this was based on the calculation of the flow of debris.
"We can expect this because if you were to calculate the drift of all the debris, it should be around that area.
"So, any debris found in that area is tentatively, possibly, could be from MH370, and it would be verified later on," he told reporters at the Parliament lobby here, today.
When asked if the interim report on the missing plane will be released to the next-of-kin beforehand, he said it was "just a procedure on MH370" in a form of a statement.
The interim report will be released tomorrow in conjunction with the two-year anniversary of the Boeing 777 aircraft's disappearance.
Johnny Begue, who found the second aircraft debris on Reunion Island last Thursday, handed over the object to the police on the same day.
Begue, a resident of the island, was also the same person who found the flaperon part of MH370 last July.
He said he was out jogging by the sea shore last Thursday when he found the new object measuring about 40x20 cm (15x8 inches), which had a blue mark on the surface and was grey underneath.
Begue said it was of the same lightweight "honeycomb" construction as the flaperon piece.
The flaperon he found remains the only piece of debris identified with certainty as having come from the flight.
Begue's reported find came three days after an American man found suspected MH370 debris
in Mozambique, some 2,100km west of Reunion Island.
READ: MH370: Malaysian probe team arrives in Mozambique - Liow
That object, which is about a metre-long, has been sent to Australia for expert analysis.
MH370 was carrying 239 passengers and crew when it vanished on March 8, 2014, on an overnight flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.