Search and rescue operation to find Lim Chin Aik continues
Bernama | Updated: June 16, 2013
(First published on: June 16, 2013 14:06 MYT)
Penang Fire and Rescue director Azmi Tamat said the search and rescue operation by a team comprising 20 fire and rescue officers and personnel aided by contract workers and the police would continue.
He said the team started excavating around the area yesterday afternoon and only ceased temporarily at 6am this morning.
A car tyre and a dashboard were among the components recovered so far, in addition to the car chassis number which state police chief Datuk Abdul Rahim Hanafi yesterday confirmed as matching that of 44-year-old Lim's car.
Meanwhile, Lim's wife Lee Chai Song, 48, arrived at the location at 7am with their two sons, Lim Chia Yiang, 20, and Lim Chia Oon, 18, and daughter Lim Hui Jiun, 13, to recite prayers.
Lim's parents, Lim Tian Chor, 73, and Ang Kim Looi, 70, and his sister Lim Lye Suan, 40, were also with them.
Lye Suan said the family had not lost hope of finding her brother alive and were tracing places that her brother used to frequent and also through Facebook.
- PPS issue: Penang govt files for judicial review to strike out ministry's order
- Five men detained to assist in probe on teenager beaten to death
- Awie and wife's marriage certificate fake, says former religious officer
- Land erosion: Seven families evacuated in Cheras
- Penang allocates RM1.5 million for flood aid