: The government will continue to use the same standard operating procedure (SOP) as the first, second and third phase of the Movement Control Order (MCO) during the month of Ramadan, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
The Bera MP said, however, some flexibility was given in terms of extension of time for public transport operations, and public market operations.
“The meeting today decided to allow the operation of public transport to be extended from 4 pm to 10 pm, compared to 5 pm to 10 pm previously.
"Public market operations are also extended from 6 am to 2 pm, compared to 6 am to 12 noon previously," he added.
On those who wanted to return to the city after more than a month in their hometowns, Ismail Sabri said the matter was still being discussed by the government, including the Ministry of Health (MoH), the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) and the National Security Council (MKN).
“For now, we are only allowing them to register or report to the police station and also online from April 25, so that we can get a clear idea of their numbers before arriving at a decision.
“We want to get the information first, and then we will submit it to the MOH, PDRM and MKN for discussion. Only then we would know whether or not we can allow it. If possible, we will provide strict SOP on how to bring them home,” he added.