Tutup

PM funds: Special investigation team formed, three companies raided

PM funds: Special investigation team formed, three companies raided
ABDUL GHANI: The investigation will focus on all the aspects raised. - File pic
KUALA LUMPUR: Authorities had obtained several documents during an investigation held at the offices of the three companies linked to the alleged transfer of funds to the Prime Minister’s account on Friday, said Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani.

He said that the raid on SRC International Sdn Bhd, Gandingan Mentari Sdn Bhd and Ihsan Perdana Sdn Bhd was done by a special task force which comprised of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), Royal Malaysian Police and Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).  
Abdul Ghani also confirmed that the special force had begun its investigation on the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) issue and had delivered to him a number of documents to be reviewed including documents relating to the alleged distribution of funds to the Prime Minister’s account.

“The investigation will focus on all the aspects raised,” said Abdul Ghani in a statement today.
On Friday, the Wall Street Journal (WSJ) and Sarawak Report had published reports of the 1MDB money transferred to Najib's personal account.

WSJ reported that the document had traced nearly US$700 million (RM2.6 billion) that was transferred to a government agency and later credited into the Prime Minister’s personal accounts in separate deposits.

Sarawak Report meanwhile in its report claimed that RM42 million had been transferred into Najib’s accounts from SRC International Sdn Bhd, a company owned by the Finance Ministry.

Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin meanwhile in a statement said that the authorities such as the MACC, BNM and the Royal Malaysian Police in cooperation with the Attorney-General's Chambers must act immediately to investigate all the allegations made against Najib.

"I believe the investigation will be carried out in detail, transparent and independently in order to find the truth," he said.

He also welcomed the fact that Najib had denied the accusations made against him.

"If he is confident that all the allegations were untrue and defamatory, it is fair for him to take legal action against those who make the allegations in order to clear his name and restore the credibility of the government," he said.

Umno Youth head Khairy Jamaluddin said the allegation by WSJ is not acceptable because it is not substantiated by concrete proof and documents.

Minister of Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan said if AWSJ is serious about its authenticity, the report should name its sources.

Meanwhile, Abdul Gani hopes every party will cooperate during the investigation and “not to issue any statement that will mislead the public.”