: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak will take action against The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) for its report claiming 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) funds were channeled into the premier's personal bank account.
Najib's political secretary Datuk Muhammad Khairun Aseh who told Sinar Harian this said the report was criminal defamation.
He told the daily the report was done with bad intention, unsubstantiated and based on dubious sources.
"We will take legal action," he told the daily yesterday.
On Friday, WSJ and Sarawak Report had published reports of the 1MDB money transferred to Najib's personal Ambank account. WSJ
reported that the document had traced nearly US$700 million (RM2.6 billion) was transferred to a government agency and later credited into
the Prime Minister’s personal accounts in separate deposits.
Sarawak Report meanwhile in its report claimed that RM42 million had been transferred into Najib’s accounts from SRC International Sdn Bhd, a company owned by the Finance Ministry.
1MDB said Friday said it had never provided any funds to Najib
The Prime Minister’s Office in a statement issued on their Facebook account
said the latest claim was part of a continuous political sabotage aimed at misleading the media and the public by using amended documents.
Meanwhile, Najib is urged to come forward and address the allegations levelled at him through a live speech
addressed to all Malaysians.
Perak Malaysian Youth Parliament (PBM) believe
such a move can address the concerns of the people following the reports yesterday.
"Other than waiting for investigation from
various authorities to conclude, such a move would be the quickest way to address the allegations," he told Astro AWANI when contacted.