Najib leads 3km run for corruption-free nation
Bernama | Updated: April 20, 2014
(First published on: April 20, 2014 13:35 MYT)
The run, which began and ended at the Padang Merbok in the heart of the city, was aptly named 'Larian Hapuskan Rasuah: Jangan Beri, Jangan Terima' (Anti-Corruption Run: Do Not Give, Do Not Accept). It was organised by Parti Gerakan.
Najib, who was accompanied by Gerakan president Datuk Mah Siew Keong and Wanita Gerakan chief and organiser of the run, Datuk Tan Lian Hoe, took about 40 minutes to complete the run.
The prime minister arrived at Padang Merbok at 7.45 am and participated in a 10-minute aerobic exercise along with the other participants to the tune of songs of the three major races as well as the 1Malaysia theme song.
Mah and Tan then handed a torch to Najib as a symbolic gesture of the launch of the run.
The torch was then handed to Johor Gerakan representative Datuk Teo Kok Chee for a similar run in Skudai, Johor, on May 24.
Najib fired the starter's gun to start the run.
Also present were Kuala Lumpur mayor Datuk Seri Ahmad Phesal Talib, Works Minister Datuk Fadillah Yusuf and several other leaders of Gerakan.
- Pro-democracy protesters to return to Hong Kong streets
- 24 injured at anti-Charlie Hebdo protest in Kabul
- Mohammad Nizar charged again with defaming Najib
- MIC crisis: Palanivel, Subramaniam will 'stand down' to resolve party feud
- Dr M and Najib not at "war", just having differing views - Rahman Dahlan