Man, shot twice in the head, fighting for life in hospital
Bernama | Updated: May 08, 2013
(First published on: May 08, 2013 19:04 MYT)
The 43-year-old victim, who sustained two gunshot wounds in the head, is in a coma at the hospital's intensive care unit.
He was having a drink with a group of friends at the eatery about 11pm, when a gunman wearing a crash helmet, walked up to the group and fired twice at the man.
Initial police investigations have not ruled out that the gunman could have been contracted to kill the victim.
Penang CID chief SAC Mazlan Kesah said the killer, in his haste to flee from the restaurant, had dropped a bag of ammunition and his helmet.
He said the gunman ran for about 30 metres and jumped on a motorcycle ridden by an accomplice before making good his escape.
"The victim was initially warded at the Sungai Bakap Hospital here. However, when his condition worsened, he was transferred to the Penang Hospital where he is now in a coma," he said today.
- Court affirms taxi driver's jail term over toddler's death
- Meeting with MIC division heads last Saturday illegal - Palanivel
- Belgium raid on alleged terror group kills two
- Altantuya murder case: Sirul Azhar left for Australia in October, says police
- Sirul Azhar believed to be in Australia, says source