: The taxi driver detained together with three suspects in the Kajang kidnapping case at Sungai Chua, will be released as police could not link him to the crime.
Selangor CID chief Datuk Mohd Adnan Abdullah said the 41-year-old will be released later today.
"So far we could not find any links between the taxi driver and the boy's kidnapping case," he told Astro AWANI when contacted.
Adnan said the taxi driver will be released on police bail under Section 49 of the Criminal Procedure Code.
The three other suspects, meanwhile, will be charged at the Kajang Court on Friday, he added.
Last week, police arrested four men, including the suspected mastermind
, in connection with the kidnapping of the victim for a RM300,000 ransom.
The suspects, aged between 28 and 45, including an Indonesian and a taxi driver who sent the boy home, were picked up separately on the same day.
In the incident at 9.26am, the boy was kidnapped by three men when he was sent by his mother to a kindergarten in Sungai Chua.
He was freed and sent home by the taxi driver after his father paid the ransom money.
A 20-second video recording from a closed-circuit television
which went viral on the social media showed the boy standing beside his mother while she was talking to a man.
They are joined by another man before snatching the boy. His mother was then seen running after the two men but fell, and the car sped off.