: Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob has denied allegations that individuals were taken to a quarantine centre using a prison truck.
Instead, he said all the individuals were taken by bus provided by the government or the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA).
“Trucks are used only to carry their goods.
"This means that fake news continue to trickle down in our country even though in circumstances like COVID-19, everyone should try to appease the people and help the government but there are still many spreaders of fake news," he told a daily press conference here.
Following this, Ismail Sabri said the government would never compromise with irresponsible individuals who spread false news and disrupt public order.
“As of April 3 (Friday), a total of 184 investigation papers had been opened by the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) on fake news.
“Of these, 20 cases have been opened and they have been prosecuted in court.
"So, I call on the people to cooperate with the government in helping to curb the COVID-19 pandemic rather than aggravate the situation and create a state of uneasiness," he said.