: The government has yet to allow barber shops to operate despite cases of COVID-19 infecting locals are on the decline.
Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said, the National Security Council (MKN) and Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) were still preparing the standard operating procedures (SOP) following complaints from the public and operators of barber shops.
“For barber shops, they are still not allowed to resume business. The SOP is being prepared, I believe the MKN is preparing it with the MOH.
“So far, it has not been tabled for discussion. Once the SOP is ready, we will make a decision on a date for barber shops to be reopened.
"Haircut services is still in the prohibited list anywhere, including for home visits,” he said at a press conference here on Monday.
He said this in response to journalists' enquiries on the operation of barber shops and the actions of some people who hired barbers to make house calls.