: In the midst of busy preparations ahead of Hari Raya Aidilfitiri, the public continues to be encouraged to adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infections.
Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the Ministry of Health (MoH) was aware that there were still some community members who were found to be indifferent and openly violated the SOPs set up in shopping malls and grocery stores.
“Many netizens have posted images and videos of non-compliant people. The non-compliance is indeed alarming.
"The National Security Council (MKN) has developed a Retail SOP that acts as a guide for all businessmen, traders and business owners who are authorized to operate," he said at a daily press conference here on Tuesday.
Commenting further, Dr Noor Hisham said the SOP requires:
1. Ensuring social distancing is practised all the time.
2. Restrict entry and exit access to the premises and customer access to the premises at any time depending on the size of the premises to avoid congestion.
3. Ensure all staff, suppliers and customers go through the body temperature screening process before entering the premises,
4. Provide hand sanitizers at the entrance.
5. Making compulsory the use of face masks by workers when working.
6. Carry out the disinfection and cleaning process throughout the operation.
In addition, he said the MoH also urged the public to avoid shopping in crowded and cramped areas, where social distancing was difficult to enforce.
“Parents and guardians are also urged to avoid bringing children or babies to shopping malls and crowded public spaces to protect them from the risk of COVID-19 infection.
“It should be noted that although the number of reported COVID-19 cases is declining, there is still a danger of COVID-19 infection in the community. Therefore, we must protect ourselves, our families and our communities from COVID-19 infection,” he said.