Tutup
announcement
NOTIS
Beralih ke pengalaman baharu laman web Astro AWANI. Klik di sini!

COVID-19: MCO extended two more weeks

COVID-19: MCO extended two more weeks
According to Muhyiddin, this was in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) 's view of advising countries not to end the movement control order too early. - Filepic
PUTRAJAYA: The government has announced that the Movement Control Order (MCO) would be extended for another two weeks from April 15 to 28.

Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin explained that the extension was made to give healthcare workers access to combat COVID-19 and at the same time prevent its spread among the public.
"Based on the advice of the Health Ministry and medical experts, the government has decided to extend the implementation of the Movement Control Order for another two weeks, from April 15 to April 28, 2020.

"The extension of this period is intended to give healthcare workers the chance to fight the spread of COVID-19, as well as to prevent the spread of the epidemic in the community," he said in a special address which was broadcast live on Friday.
He said this was in line with the World Health Organisation (WHO) 's view of advising countries not to end the movement control order too early.

"As has been the case in some countries, the outbreak of the epidemic has increased again once the movement control order is ended.

“What I want to stress here is that we must be prepared to deal with this situation for a relatively longer period of time.

"It may continue for several months before we can really make sure that the outbreak has been addressed a hundred per cent," he said.

Following that, Muhyiddin said, the life of the community may not go back to what it used to be. This is, he described as the new norm.

"As long as the virus is still there, the practice of social distancing must continue. We must always prioritise personal hygiene. Avoid any rallies, avoid crowded places.

“Ramadan is coming soon. We cannot go to the Ramadan bazaars to buy delicacies for breaking of fast, we cannot go to the mosque for ’terawih’ prayers, so just perform the prayer at home with your family.

“Maybe we also can't go back to the kampungs as usual. Although it is difficult for us to imagine this, this is the reality we will face," he added.

The government had earlier announced the first phase of the MCO from March 18 to 31, followed by the second phase from April 1 to April 14.


Tag: COVID-19, Muhyiddin Yassin, Ramadan, personal hygiene, social distancing, movement control order



Komen Anda?

* Klik pada "Sort by" untuk kemaskini komen

PENAFIAN:
Astro AWANI tidak bertanggungjawab terhadap pendapat yang diutarakan melalui artikel ini. Ia pandangan peribadi pemilik akaun dan tidak semestinya menggambarkan pendirian kami. Segala risiko akibat komen yang disiarkan menjadi tanggungjawab pemilik akaun sendiri. Terima kasih.