: Federal Territories Minister Tan Sri Annuar Musa has hinted the Movement Control Order (MCO) may to be extended in line with the government’s continuous efforts to break the chain of COVID-19 infection in the country.
Posting a message on his Twitter, Annuar said the Ministry of Health (MOH) had given a hint for the people to be prepared to make ‘a longer sacrifice’.
"We believe the SOP (standard operating procedure) and detailed guidance will be released soon," he tweeted today.
Annuar also said the implementation of the MCO would be tightened in the Federal Territory to protect its inhabitants.
"In the meantime, we will ensure a stricter implementation of MCO in the WP to protect the citizens," he added.
The Phase II of the MCO will end on April 14 after the first phase ended on March 31.
To date, 3,662 COVID-19 positive cases have been detected in the country with 61 deaths.
Health director Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah had earlier said the MoH would need to look at the data until April 10 to determine whether the MCO should be extended or not.