: A total of 148 cross-border roadblocks were conducted by the Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) nationwide on Monday.
According to Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, during the operation, 283,677 vehicles were inspected compared to 147,327 the previous day.
"A total of 229 vehicles were ordered to turn around for cross-border attempts without authorization.
"Among the states that recorded the most cross-border attempts are Malacca (70 cases), Selangor (53) and Negeri Sembilan (49). This means there are still people trying to travel interstate whether they want to celebrate the holidays or not," he said at the daily press conference here on Tuesday.
In a similar development, Ismail Sabri said the PDRM had also issued compounds a total of 248 individuals for various offences under the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) yesterday.
He said 33 people were also arrested, 30 of whom were remanded while three others were released on police bail.
However, no compound was served for the offence of Aidilfitri visiting.
"I hope that all citizens obey the SOP (standard operating procedures) and instructions issued by the government," he said.
Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri said 266 investigation papers on fake news related to COVID-19 were opened by the PDRM and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) as of Monday.
Of the total, he said 179 were still under investigation, 30 had been charged in court, 11 had been given warning notices while 18 had pleaded guilty.
"There has been no increase in new investigation papers by the police and MCMC over the past week.
"Alhamdulillah if this is a reflection of the increased people's awareness and compliance with government orders and restrictions ... I hope this is good news that no new investigations have been opened on COVID-19 fake news," he said.