: The Federal Territories Ministry has called on all local authorities under its administration to review the proposed Ramadan bazaar and Aidilfitri sales in conjunction with the upcoming festive season.
Its minister, Tan Sri Annuar Musa, said the matter should be considered following the advice of the Ministry of Health (MOH) as the country was still in crisis with the COVID-19 pandemic.
"I have asked the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL), the Putrajaya Corporation (PPJ) and the Labuan Corporation (PL) to review the proposal for operating the Ramadan bazaar and the raya sale during the fasting month and the festive season.
"This should also take into account the views of MOH. In any case, the standard operating procedure (SOP) for markets and bazaars need to be modified.
"The aspects of social distancing and hygiene must be of utmost importance," he said in a statement on his Twitter account yesterday.
Last week, the Negeri Sembilan government announced the cancellation of the Ramadan bazaar in the state as a precautionary measure to curb the spread of the COVID-19 outbreak.
According to Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Aminuddin Harun, the decision was reached after taking into account the current situation.
On Sunday, the Kelantan government announced that the state would follow in the footsteps of Negeri Sembilan.
However, the state government has not made a final decision but will look into it based on the current situation of the outbreak.