Tutup
announcement
NOTIS
Beralih ke pengalaman baharu laman web Astro AWANI. Klik di sini!

Ampang landslide: Residents need not worry about active land movements - SDMU

Ampang landslide: Residents need not worry about active land movements - SDMU
A check by Bernama found that several affected residents had returned home to collect their belongings after being ordered to evacuate following the landslide. - BERNAMA photo
KUALA LUMPUR: Residents near the Taman Kelab Ukay 4, Bukit Antarabangsa neighbourhood, who were affected by the landslide last Saturday, need not worry although there is still active land movement, said Selangor State Disaster Management Unit (SDMU) chief Ahmad Fairuz Mohd Yusof.

He said that based on the manual slope monitoring carried out two days ago, it was found that there were active land movements in different areas.
“The land movements are occurring, but residents need not worry because the other residential areas are not at risk compared to the affected houses.

“However, we will take precautionary steps and monitor from time to time. So far, the Ampang Jaya Municipal Council, through its appointed contractor, has covered the cracks by placing 1,200 square meters of canvas sheets to prevent further erosion,” he said after inspecting the repair works on the landslide at Taman Kelab Ukay 4 residential area, Bukit Antarabangsa here today.
Explaining further, Ahmad Fairuz said retaining walls to prevent land movement at the Sungai Sering have been built and work to install metal pilings was expected to be complete tomorrow before the process of repairing the river structure is carried out by the Department of Irrigation and Drainage.

“The slope recovery process will take about six months to complete and the affected residents are advised to vacate the houses for safety purposes,” he said.

Meanwhile, Selangor Fire and Rescue Department director Norazam Khamis said seven firemen would monitor the situation for two weeks to ensure the affected area and the residents were safe.

A check by Bernama found that several affected residents had returned home to collect their belongings after being ordered to evacuate following the landslide.

It was learned that the affected occupants were only allowed to take their belongings but would not be allowed to live in their homes for the next six months.

Last Saturday, seven double-storey houses at Jalan Kelab Ukay 4, Taman Kelab Ukay were affected following a landslide behind their homes, resulting in 32 people from six families being told to vacate their homes.

They have been temporarily put up at Hotel De Palma for a week before looking for other accommodations.

-- BERNAMA



Tag: Taman Kelab Ukay 4, Bukit Antarabangsa, landslide, SDMU, Selangor State Disaster Management Unit



Komen Anda?

* Klik pada "Sort by" untuk kemaskini komen

PENAFIAN:
Astro AWANI tidak bertanggungjawab terhadap pendapat yang diutarakan melalui artikel ini. Ia pandangan peribadi pemilik akaun dan tidak semestinya menggambarkan pendirian kami. Segala risiko akibat komen yang disiarkan menjadi tanggungjawab pemilik akaun sendiri. Terima kasih.