: 1Malaysia Development Berhad claims it was not a party to the civil suit brought by the United States government, as announced by US Attorney-General Loretta Lynch in a Press conference on Wednesday.
In a statement released early today, the Malaysian state wealth fund also denied Lynch's claims that it had assets in the US, nor has it benefited from the various transactions described in the civil suit.
"Furthermore, 1MDB has not been contacted by the US Department of Justice or any other foreign agency in relation to their investigations.
"As previously stated, 1MDB will fully cooperate with any foreign lawful authority, subject to international protocols governing such matters and the advice of the relevant domestic lawful authorities,” the statement said. READ: '1MDB subject of politically-motivated attack
Yesterday, Lynch had said that the US Department of Justice was proceeding legal action to seize more than US$1billion (RM4billion) in assets, including several high-end properties, renowned artworks and a business jet.
She had claimed that the assets were purchased by using funds stolen from 1MDB.