: [This article has been updated to correct a regrettable factual error in item 2 that was published on Saturday.]
Datuk Nurulhidayah Ahmad Zahid has hit the headlines in recent weeks for boldly slamming the recently-concluded Bersih 4 rally which was held in Kuala Lumpur.
Nurulhidayah on her Facebook earlier this had criticised the Bersih 4 organisers, describing the rally as “stupid”
. Her comment had incurred the wrath of netizens, which hit back at her citing that the rally was held to solidify the rakyat's freedom of expression.
Who is Nurulhidayah? Here are 13 things you need to know about her.
1. She is the daughter of Deputy Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.
2. Born in 1979, she is a 36-year-old mother of three.
3. Nurulhidayah obtained her Master's degree in Corporate Communication from Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in 2012.
4. She is the head of Corporate Communication at Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad (SPNB).
5. She had formerly hosted the TV programme 'Inspirasi Ramadan' on RTM.
6. She was conferred Datukship for her contribution at SPNB.
7. Nurulhidayah joined the Territorial Army (Askar Wataniah), as volunteer when her father was Defence Minister in 2009.
8. Local celebrities including Datuk Siti Nurhaliza, Shaheizy Sam, Intan Ladyana, David Teo, Ana Raffali and Aizat Amdan were among those who participated in the Territorial Army event along with Nurulhidayah.
9. Datuk Siti Nurhaliza is among her closest acquaintances.
10. Besides her charity work, Nurulhidayah is also noted as a hijab designer for Couverture KL.
11. In 2014, Nurul expressed interest to contest in the Kajang by-election, but her father told her to stay out of politics.
12. She has a younger brother, Ahmad Khairul Hafiz.
13. As a budding entrepreneur, Nurulhidayah established an event management company, Karya Bonda Sdn Bhd between 2007 and 2012.